Welcome to the virtual roda. As in a real roda the games are controlled by the soul of capoeira - listen to the music, and play that kind of game. If you have any complaints about material on this forum please contact Brabo at [email protected].

Topics | Search | New topic

Topic: Mount Maunganui Axe Weekend
  Arranha Ceu
  2006-10-31 08:08:16
Beleza,

Just to give you all a heads up, Mount Maunganui will be holding the end of year capoeira weekend on December the 2nd and 3rd. This will follow the same sort of format as last years. We will be staying 2 nights at the camp ground at the base of the Mount, Saturday workshops during the day followed by a batizado e troca de cordao on Saturday night. There will be an open air roda on Sunday morning at the main Mount beach followed by a BBQ before we all depart. I will let everybody know more details soon. Everyone is more than welcome to come up or down or across, we would love to see you there.

If people could start giving me an indication if they are thinking of coming that would be much appreciated.

Not sure what happened to this yesterday. I posted it and this morning it had gone. Rastinha I saw your reply that you will be coming thanks.

Arranha Ceu.
  Rastinha
  2006-10-31 11:19:00
Polo...? Anyone...?

Been kinda quiet around here lately, seems like everyone burned out after that one intense week of hectic posting. How is everyone? All good I hope. Just thought I'd check in. Went down to Hamilton for Waikato's World. Was a shame more of the Auckland kiddies couldn't make it down, just me, and Digital was in Hamilton too so he came along. Was good fun though. Not a huge roda, but good energy, and the Hamilton crew are always good fun to play with and chill with. Made my travelling from NP-Auckland/auckland-Hamilton/hamilton-auckland from friday to sunday worth it.

Hey, is it just me or was there a post about the Mt Maunganui Axé weekend up a little while ago? I'm sure Arranha Ceu posted one, and I replied...but it appears to have disappeared. Maybe I was dreaming, or maybe I'm losing it. Either way. Well, don't forget to post everyone. See you round...on here...Welly Axé...Grey Lynn Fest...wherever :)

Tchau
~Rastinha~
  Arranha Ceu
  2006-10-31 11:36:35
Beleza,

Just to give you all a heads up, the end of year Mount Maunganui axe weekend is coming up on December the 2nd and 3rd. This will follow much the same format as last years. We will be staying 2 nights at the camping ground at the base of Mount. There will be workshops on Saturday followed by a batizado e troca de cordao in the evening. We will have an open air roda (weather permitting) on Sunday morning at the main Mount beach followed by a BBQ berfore we depart. Everybody is more than welcome to come up, down or across for the event, we would love to see you there. I will post more details soon.
If people could start giving me an indication if they think they will be coming would be much appreciated.

The message board crashed yesterday so I lost my original post. Rastinha I saw your confirmation thanks.

Arranha Ceu
  Palhaço
  2006-10-31 12:01:23
Hi
im enrolling at the university in wellington for 2007 and i was woundering whats the best way for a learner to start capoeira? is there classes at the uni or any where close for a poor tertiary student? also how much does this cost?

Thanx

Rion
  Rastinha
  2006-10-31 12:22:15
Polo...? Anyone...?

Been kinda quiet around here lately, seems like everyone burned out after that one intense week of hectic posting. How is everyone? All good I hope. Just thought I'd check in. Went down to Hamilton for Waikato's World. Was a shame more of the Auckland kiddies couldn't make it down, just me, and Digital was in Hamilton too so he came along. Was good fun though. Not a huge roda, but good energy, and the Hamilton crew are always good fun to play with and chill with. Made my travelling from NP-Auckland/auckland-Hamilton/hamilton-auckland from friday to sunday worth it.

Hey, is it just me or was there a post about the Mt Maunganui Axé weekend up a little while ago? I'm sure Arranha Ceu posted one, and I replied...but it appears to have disappeared. Maybe I was dreaming, or maybe I'm losing it. Either way. Well, don't forget to post everyone. See you round...on here...Welly Axé...Grey Lynn Fest...wherever :)

Tchau
~Rastinha~
  Arranha Ceu
  2006-10-31 12:48:10
Beleza,

Just to give you all a heads up, the end of year Mount Maunganui axe weekend is coming up on December the 2nd and 3rd. This will follow much the same format as last years. We will be staying 2 nights at the camping ground at the base of Mount. There will be workshops on Saturday followed by a batizado e troca de cordao in the evening. We will have an open air roda (weather permitting) on Sunday morning at the main Mount beach followed by a BBQ before we depart. Everybody is more than welcome to come up, down or across for the event, we would love to see you there. I will post more details soon.
If people could start giving me an indication if they think they will be coming would be much appreciated.

The message board crashed yesterday so I lost my original post. Rastinha I saw your confirmation thanks.

Arranha Ceu
  Arranha Ceu
  2006-10-31 13:43:42
Beleza,

Just to give you all a heads up, the end of year Mount Maunganui axe weekend is coming up on December the 2nd and 3rd. This will follow much the same format as last years. We will be staying 2 nights at the camping ground at the base of Mount. There will be workshops on Saturday followed by a batizado e troca de cordao in the evening. We will have an open air roda (weather permitting) on Sunday morning at the main Mount beach followed by a BBQ before we depart. Everybody is more than welcome to come up, down or across for the event, we would love to see you there. I will post more details soon.

Arranha Ceu
  Rastinha
  2006-10-31 14:28:14
Haha, well, it's fixed, but I guess all of our multiple attempts at posting resulted in this weird, nonsensical thread. Yay for technical difficulties! Anyhoo, glad you saw my 'I'm in' Arranha ceu. I'll go put my msg in a new thread. Shibby
  Palhaço
  2006-10-31 14:33:36
Apparently I'm enrolling in a university in 2007...

[Palhaço checks his diary]

And my name has changed to Rion... [looks in mirror, checks face]
  Rastinha
  2006-10-31 14:43:25
Haha, that's random as :P
  Arranha Ceu
  2006-10-31 16:16:35
The forum has gone crazy!
First it would let me add the topic now it has added every attempt I made :)
  lateef
  2006-10-31 18:41:08
Me and Wet's will be there.Havnt been able to make classes lately because of the old arm aye.Its still broken too! three weeks left till it comes off.Hahh!..Did you manage to get a hold of tiago about the brazilian jiu-jitsu classes?
  Labareda
  2006-11-01 14:04:03
Im in :0)
  Enigma
  2006-11-01 18:08:54
I thought it had gotten spookily quiet on the forum... Damn gremlins!

Unfortunately I don't think I can make the Mt MangaVegas weekend as the beginning of the month is our busy time at work :( There is say a 10% chance I might get the time off but it depends on weather and all sorts of things... So, shame I won't be able to see you all and hopefully make someone's batisado as eventful as mine ;p

Tchau

Enigma
  ZigueZague
  2006-11-02 13:07:18
How much will it cost to do the whole weekend? It would be great to come along, would have to get a few other Wellingtonians to car pool with though...
  Conflicted
  2006-11-02 15:55:06
Damm!! This is the same weekend as the Maori Touch Nationals.. decisions, decisions...hmmm
  AC
  2006-11-02 17:00:27
Hey ZZ, I will get back to you soon with costs. Still finalising stuff.

Arranha Ceu
  ZigueZague
  2006-11-03 10:08:40
Cheers AC, sooner the better so I can work out if I'm far enough above the poverty line to come eh bro ;-)
  Arranha Ceu
  2006-11-06 11:59:41
More info for the Mount Maunganui weekend.

Costs:

This includes your 2 nights accomodation at the camp ground (bring your own tents), trainings, rodas and BBQ on Sunday (may need a vegos help with non meat eating side of that).

Whole weekend Adults (15+) 55 members, 70 non-members.
Whole weekend Children (<15) 40 members, 55 non-members

For people who are not staying at the camp ground the costs are as follows.

Whole weekend Adults (15+) 40 members, 55 for non-members
Whole weekend Children (<15) 25 member, 40 for non-members.

Costs are as is wether part or whole weekend attended. The main events are all on the Saturday.

I will let you all know a schedule for events soon.

Obrigado

AC
  SansRegrets
  2006-11-06 22:56:11

Well, I am always below the poverty line anyway, so I am in :-)

Eli
  2006-11-07 10:21:44
No doubt there will be a group from hammy makin their way down to the mount(well up for some).
Sounds like a lot of fun. Well i know i will be in for sure.
  Mungunza
  2006-11-08 09:29:24
Great photos SansRegrets really cool....
  ZigueZague
  2006-11-08 16:21:27
Cheers for the info AC, I'll try to make it up and let you know ASAP.
  SansRegrets
  2006-11-09 11:32:14

Cheers, Mungunza ... all the credits go to the capoeiristas who were playing :-)
  kolyma
  2006-11-10 20:40:48
ionolsen44 Hello Jane, great site!
  Feiticeiro
  2006-11-16 00:57:08
Bring on the sunshine!!!! Can't wait to feel the sand in my feet again and chill out with everyone... Last year's was really good and am looking forward to this upcoming one... :-) I'll be able to confirm some figure of numbers coming from Hamilton soon.
  Arranha Ceu
  2006-11-16 08:16:23
Cool Feits,

Yeah lets hope for plenty of sunshine. We have got some really awesome tent sites at the camp ground this year. Right on the beach front.
  Arranha Ceu
  2006-11-16 14:36:28
Beleza, here is the schedule for Mount axe weekend

SATURDAY:

Grenada Park Hall
(cnr of Grenada and Monowai St, access on Monowai)
10:30am � 1pm Capoeira Workshop (All Levels)
1pm � 1:45pm Lunch
1:45 � 4:30 Capoeira Workshop, (All Levels)

Moa Park Scout Hall
(Valley Rd, inbetween Moa and McDowell St)
6:30pm - 9pm Batizado e troca de cordao

SUNDAY:

10am � 12pm Open Roda, Beach front
(If it is raining the roda will be held at the Moa Park Scout Hall)
1pm-3pm Barbeque lunch

Things to do within 100 meters of the camp ground:

Enjoy the beautiful beach, swim, surf, walk around or up the mount, hotpools, beachfront cafes.
  Quindim
  2006-11-16 23:25:25
I'm going to try and make it! The magic phrase, hot poolios, calls me.

Waiheke is definitely out :(
  Rastinha
  2006-11-19 20:41:19
Aww, gutted, Waiheke is gonna be cool...Hopefully. Hope the organisers know what they're doing...

As for Mt. Maunganui, anyone need space to sleep? I have like about a 5-8 person tent or something I think, so if anyone wants to shotgun a spot, feel free. I'd be pretty lonely in it by myself. And taking up a lotta space. First in first served :). Wait, maybe I should have a selection process... Ah who am I kidding, I can't make decisions, lol. First in first served it is... As much as I'm sure everyone's jumping at the opportunity to share my tent space :P

Wicked.

Page: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Go back

~ Add answer ~

Name (nick): *
Content: *
Click me if you are not a spam bot

generated 0.2123 sek | powered by QuickForum v2.1.6a